This has been a weekend-project but turned out to be useful to a lot of people (over 50,000 Downloads until today). I needed to know which capabilities the camera-pipeline in my cellphone supports.
Android cellphones offer APIs for the camera, and depending on the support-level of the pipeline, one can set exposure-values, whitebalance, focus etc., and expect a specific number of frames per second. As I have not been able to find specific data or support-levels for existing cellphones, I decided to create an app that is able to read every supported camera2 API function on the cellphone itself, and put it in the android playstore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.weis.camera2probe) with an option to send those values to a database. At https://camera2probe.com, some statistics and the complete table with models and camera2-capabilities is hosted.
- I pushed a new version to the playstore which directly sends the data to a database-server, so new data will be available immediately without me running a script
- I implemented and host a database-and website-server which presents the stats and a sortable and searchable table at
- I created a script using google’s API to automatically parse all the emails that have been sent to me to create below list!
- As my original, shared code got stolen and republished I decided to not share the updates with the public anymore
- There is now a PRO-Version available (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.weis.camera2probepro) that is able to probe all cameras, and I am working on determining the maximum fps/resolution ranges.
ATTENTION: A new, searchable and sortable table with all available data can be found here: https://camera2probe.com.
As the table that was here is now obsolete, it has been removed.