Today I will try to detect some lanes..
– We know the lane-width (plus minus)
– We are inside the middle of a lane
– We know the camera geometry
– Based on the turnrate of the IMU we can estimate the curvature of the street
– A line in pixels can be detected by a upward flank and a downward flank
Here are some exemplary results:
And as always, a results video:
– Using only the turnrate as a prior for the curvature has a lot of flaws. The first is, it changes our priors too late, when we are already driving the curve, not if it is ahead already.
– Using the assumption that we are always in the middle of the lane clearly is not sufficient. The model should allow for lange-changes and „handing over“ lanes in the code with intermediate states.
– The tests that are done for the flanks in pixel-values should be more sophisticated ( currently they only check for a relative difference to detect high and low flanks)